Contact Name: Steve Vickery
Address: 15 Wallwern Wood,, Chepstow, NP16 5TX
Tel: 07917452965 / 07779606589
Categories: Consultancy, Management Services, Health & Safety , Safety
Safeguard Engineering Limited is a well-established Safety and Environmental Management Support company. Our team consists of highly experienced and capable Maritime Safety Engineers with specialist backgrounds in; structure, shipwright, mechanical, electrical, ship aviation and occupational safety.
If your company is supplying services to the commercial or leisure marine industry and the work activity is potentially hazardous, you should have a robust Safety Management System (SMS) in place to ensure that your work is conducted safely and in accordance with applicable Health and Safety (H&S)/Maritime Safety Legislation and Regulations (such as The Merchant Shipping and Fishing Vessels (H&S at Work) Regulations and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code).
Safeguard Engineering Ltd (SEL) are well established providers of maritime Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) consultancy and management services. We provide specialist advice and support services to the maritime industry, general industry and the Ministry of Defence (MoD). Our OH&S team have extensive ‘hands-on’ practical experience of working and managing others within OH&S hazardous environments, in particular on-board ships, dockyards, and workshops.
How Safeguard Engineering can help:
- The development of vessel/ organisation Safety Management Systems and Plans.
- Assistance and advice to client organisations/ vessels for OH&S arrangements including the set up and audit of company safety policy, documentation and SMS.
- Preparation and presentation of safety assessments/ evidence to Regulatory Authorities for the issue of safety certification to the vessel, including; Ship Safety Management, Ship Aviation, Fire, Escape and Evacuation, structure, stability and special operations.
- The identification and interpretation of safety and environmental Regulations/ Legislation that is applicable to the vessel and how compliance can be achieved.
- The development of vessel and equipment Safety Cases and Safety Assessment reports to meet individual client needs – i.e. Safe Return to Port arrangements.
- System safety reviews, audits and advice.