Consultant to update business plan for a major port
Fri, 20 February 2015
A major port in India has invited consultants to help update its business plan and transforming the port into international standards.
A major port in India intends to engage a reputed consultant with professional expertise in the Port sector to conduct a study for involving identification of national and international benchmarks in the port sector in order to improve the productivity, profitability, operational efficiency, future growth prospects and optimize utilization of port assets such as land, waterfront etc. and also to update the business plan.
For this, main objective of the study are:
- Updation of the Business Plan prepared in 2007 with projection till 2030;
- Preparation of a Benchmarking report and;
- Preparation of a detailed action plan to implement the recommendation.
The scope of services shall comprise the following, but not limited to:
1. Update the Business Plan prepared in 2007, specifying projection till 2030 keeping in view the likely growth in ship sizes, EXIM Trade and current trends including containerization, hinterland connectivity, dedicated warehouse, Logistics hubs and connectivity through coastal shipping and inland waterways (wherever applicable).
2. Provide GAP analysis of the earlier perspective plan and reasons for non achievement.
3. Suggest methods for optimally utilizing water front and land resources.
4. Suggest methods for Optimization of existing operations for reaching the best International benchmarks and the roadmap for it.
5. Review the existing processes in the port and suggest modified processes in line with Good Governance initiatives of International Ports.
6. Prepare road map for transformation of the port into a Land Lord port.
7. Prepare organizational structure and human resource requirements for a smart paperless port.
8. Suggest methods to improve security of port assets.
9. Quantify financial benefits of undertaking the suggested optimization measures.
10. Prepare bench marking report covering all the items above and with special emphasis on items 3 and 9.
11. Prepare Road map for maximizing profitability.
The bidders must read the minimum conditions of eligibility provided herewith. Proposals of only those bidders who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria will be considered for detailed evaluation:
- The firm should be in existence for last 10 years and have experience in the area of Finance/Technical/Management Consulting.
- The firm should have given consultancy to any International Ports on matters other than work of Audit Nature, and
- Gross Annual revenue from Consultancy should not be less than Rs.20 million during each of the last three years.
Deadline for submission of bids: March 23, 2015 (1pm Indian Standard Time).
Interested UK companies can get in touch with UKTI office to get more information and the tender document.
Opportunity Type: Major Projects
Response deadline: 16/03/2015