Vessels for the Future Executive Director
Mon, 02 February 2015
The ‘VESSELS for the FUTURE’ Research Association ‘AISBL’ has the objective to promote, coordinate and facilitate pre-competitive research, development and innovation of waterborne technologies within the European Research Area. To reach the objective, the Association shall engage in a public private partnership with the European Union under the Article 187 – Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union
Executive Director, Brussels, Belgium, part time
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the promotion and management of the association.
• Promoting the association at maritime and political events as well as conferences
• Networking with other organizations in the European maritime and research domains
• Maintaining contact to the relevant EU Commission units responsible
• Managing the association incl. planning of activities, budgeting, monitoring and reporting
• Creating promotion material manage website and provide internal documents
• At least 5 years' experience working for an association or as senior political advisor, preferably with focus on European research and innovation policies
• Experience from working in the maritime industry
• Experience in managing an association is considered an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Excellent skills in standard office software
Vessels for the Future offer a competitive salary for the advertised job (part time, 2-3 days per week). Based in Brussels, the successful candidate is expected to travel also to other main European cities.