Marine Roadmap Refresh
Mon, 02 March 2015
UK Marine Alliance, KTN and Innovate UK hosted a workshop on Commercial Marine on 23rd February 2015 at BIS in London to update the current roadmap for the industry.
The UK Marine Industries Roadmap Report was published in 2011/12 and focused to achieve a number of key objectives including:
· the engagement of a broad Marine community across all sectors,
· the building of consensus for priority opportunities, capabilities and technology needs, and
· the underpinning of the case for Innovate UK support through the Vessel Efficiency programme and more recently in Maritime Autonomous Systems, all delivered in partnership with Dstl.
· The Marine Industries Roadmap is now being refreshed in order to:
· reflect the latest developments in external drivers and future Marine markets
· provide more granularity of timing, metrics, market size and supporting technology requirements in key areas, and
· to explore further the available UK capability.
The refreshed roadmap will continue to act as a focus for the engagement across the Marine Industries community, and to guide future Funding Calls for the Marine Industry R&D from Innovate UK and Dstl
As part of the roadmap development and implementation SSA will be conducting an industry survey to review Industry Collaboration, R&D Requirements, Export opportunities and Training to boost industry competiveness.